Georges River Blackfish

Ron Howes

I ventured down to Oatley Point around 2pm. Very difficult to scramble over slippery rocks to get out on point, required spikes. Tide was about 2hrs into runout, water colour was slightly brown. Put 2 handfulls of burly at base of rock below point, adjusted stopper to about 1.5 metres and threw out into the run, immediately I had a down, Eased back on the rod and all I can feel is thump thump down deep, this fish certainly feels good for a river luderick. I played him out and landed him with my landing net(33cm). Each time I threw out the float rocketed under. The burley had attracted a lot of chats, but nearly every 6 throw out a bigger fish would get to the bait. I was smashed up by big fish that I suspect might have been big bream taking the weed the way they fought. I ended up with 13 fish in swimmer however I must have caught 30 from 18cm to 24 cm range as well. I took a few photos of my catch on my mobile from yesterdays and todays catch and will email them to swordfish to attach to my reports.

post-256-0-50008100-1365985439_thumb.jpg

post-256-0-20427200-1365985445_thumb.jpg

post-256-0-85798900-1365985449_thumb.jpg

post-256-0-02363500-1365985454_thumb.jpg

Whiting,

I used green weed that I collected from Matraville's Little Bay. My usual huants for green weed in Botany Bay and Kelso Park East Hills have been depleted by the heavy rain. However, As I work in Pomeroy St Homebush I hope to check out the Lakes and cannals behind our depot for bait before the weekend as its a long trip to get out to Matraville.

Howsy

Whiting,

I used green weed that I collected from Matraville's Little Bay. My usual huants for green weed in Botany Bay and Kelso Park East Hills have been depleted by the heavy rain. However, As I work in Pomeroy St Homebush I hope to check out the Lakes and cannals behind our depot for bait before the weekend as its a long trip to get out to Matraville.

Howsy

Ok thanks! I had no idea luderick could be caught off the point. They look to be quite large too, at least compared to the other small fish that are common there.