Nepean and Thompson creek dam great weekend

Hi all went to the nepean Thursday for a fish for mullet and herring. I took a mate who is a nobe at fishing. I got up at 5:30 for a morning fish and we got to the wharf opposite the boat ramp and got one herring on a guppy as I call them looks like a siler fish but in freshwater. After that it went quiet for an hour then my mate casts out a pretty big piece of bread then in about 5 mins later the line starts screaming and bang lost him the one that got away well sort of. Then he is on the phone to someone and he falls in the water hahah I was laughing so hard en realised it was my phone ffaaarrrkkk. I almost threw his phone in too but I didn't. Well after he got out he does the same thing big piece of bread then 10 mins later he hooks up but this time gives it to me haha then it takes 100m of line in about 20 seconds and we knew this was a big fish. After about a 10 min battle we saw the fish it was huge. Then it took awhile to get it on the warf as we had no net and yeah so about 20 mins latter we get it on the wharf we measured it 80cm on the dot it would have weight 6kg estimate and then we killed it then put it in the bush sorry no photos as my phone went in the water.

Next day I decided to go up to thompsons for a trophy trout. Got there at 3 ish and got to the quarry at 4 ish as it was my first time going there. When we got there, people were already fishing there and asked them have they caught anything yet and they said look in the esky and when we opened it there was a 10 pound rainbow trout it was huge. So got fishing straiight away got a 29cm trout and that was it. Hope you enjoyed the post and will post more soon.

Hi Mate, I fish up at TCD regularly, and am hanging out to catch & see a 10lb plus Trout.

Good on ya for bring there to see one! Do you know what they caught it on?

It can be tough going up there, but persistence usually pays off.

There is a lot of the fingerlings stocked earlier in the year about these days, but the bigguns are still there.

They caught it on a soft plastic looked like a 1/4 size jig head and black on top pink on bottom. It looked like a sp that you would use for big big flathead ha but it is a trophy trout dam.

Very interesting Mate! There are some big units in there thats for sure!

Hopefully I'll get to see a 10 pounder some day lol!