My New Toy Lowrance HDS 9 Touch help plz

possumms

Hay fellow raiders, I have just picked up a HDS 9 and need a little help understanding transducers

I'm looking to buy a B60 DUCER AND A LSS-2 DUCER but can't afford both now

Can I use one with out the other and if I get the LSS-2 first can I still sound or will only the Structure scan work anyone know

What one is best to get first I guess is my question

Thanks to anyone that can help

The Scructure Scan will not work properly without a standard transducer of some type. There is a software update coming that may help with that but remains to be seen.

Unless you have a huge desire to fish along edges go the standard first then add the LSS2.

• 2 weeks later...

Also does anyone know if you can interface icommand gauges with the HDS using nmea 0183 instead of 2000?

Hay Samythesamlon I have the icommand setup on my boat and I just brought the nmea 2000 starter setup took me 2 mins to connect that I called Lowrance Australia and they told me what I needed to set mine up maybe give them a call

Hay thanks guys for the info I just decided to buy all the Transducers I ended up getting the B60 through Hull ducer just waiting for it to come I was going to buy the 1K ducer but most of my fishing is in less than 100m and lowrance recommended only the 600 Ducer, all tho im told I can run both but buying a splitter so I will look into this at a later date

yes connected to my backbone is , etec :biggrinthumb: ,storage device , power ,and sounder ,i have normal analogue guages dnt forget the hds cant power the backbone itself .with the 0183 nmea

there could be a crossover connecter huey would know shoot him a pm ,i use 4 dif pages with overlays / i think one of best parts is entering coords/naming .i set the keyboard up in qwerty ,makes it super quick .wife read out about 40 dif spots i had on paper they were entered,and named in about 10 mins that 600 will be fine unless your heading wide