Port Hacking

Yowie

Fished off Lilli Pilli early this morning. Caught the tailor, reddie and crab on salted frigate strips. One good thing is that the small reddies are starting to slow down a bit.

Pumped some nippers and drifted the Lilli Pilli flats. At first there were a few just undersized whiting, and a couple of small bream, so moved around a few times and found a spot with the slightly bigger but legal whiting. After the 5th one, the bites stopped.

Headed up South West Arm and threw the jig around for a while, was thinking a giving it away, then the 3 squid in 4 casts. Just at that time the wind picked up and the boat drifted too fast so headed for home.

post-13153-0-77111800-1367227483_thumb.jpg

Fished off Lilli Pilli early this morning. Caught the tailor, reddie and crab on salted frigate strips. One good thing is that the small reddies are starting to slow down a bit.

Pumped some nippers and drifted the Lilli Pilli flats. At first there were a few just undersized whiting, and a couple of small bream, so moved around a few times and found a spot with the slightly bigger but legal whiting. After the 5th one, the bites stopped.

Headed up South West Arm and threw the jig around for a while, was thinking a giving it away, then the 3 squid in 4 casts. Just at that time the wind picked up and the boat drifted too fast so headed for home.

Well done once again Yowie. Where abouts up the arm if you dont mind sharing. Normally get my squid down river but keen to try up the arm....

Well done once again Yowie. Where abouts up the arm if you dont mind sharing. Normally get my squid down river but keen to try up the arm....

About half way up the arm is where I found them. Sometimes they are near the mouth of the arm, but none there the other day.