Moving to Sydney

Linc

Hi Guys,

I've been reading many of the very helpful and interesting posts on here since recently signing my new contract with work to relocate to Sydney from Melbourne at the end of June. At first I was a bit worried as I've just bought a boat in the last 6 months and have started to catch some amazing fish here in Melbourne's Bays and was wondering how I'm going to top that, but it sounds like the fishing around Sydney is truly far better than Melbourne - has anyone had much experience in both locations and can confirm my hopes?

My boat won't be with me until August but I'll be out on the water as soon as it arrives. Looks like I'll be located somewhere near Botany Bay so I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing some of you on the water.

Cheers,

Linc

Edited by Linc

Just the move from Melbourne to Sydney is a positive one! Lol. If you plan fishing out of botany, there are heaps of raiders that work that area. There is some great info on this site for that area too. Just seek and you will find!!! Good luck with the move and happy fishing!

Tight lines,

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks Scratchie,

There sure is a lot of great info on here, reading about all the great catches in the area are making me wish the move was even sooner now!

Hi Linc,

Made the move in 2001....just before the snapper came back in force into Port Philip Bay :-( .

It took me a while to get wired in but this website and the blokes on it were an absolute godsend! Plenty of people willing to share their knowledge. I fish Sydney harbour so can't give advice on Botany... But I still remember the day I pulled a king and then a bonito on my flick stick right infront of the Opera House with the Bridge in the background ...sent the pick to the boys in Melbourne. Had to convince them it wasn't photoshopped ! Bloody awesome .

Enjoy!

That does sound very enticing fisherking. I'm keen to fish the harbour too, pulling up a good sized fish infront of land marks like that would be quite a thrill!

The Snapper have been nothing short of amazing the last couple of seasons here, but that's one of the main problems with Port Phillip Bay.. you pretty much catch snapper and small flathead... anything else is just on the odd occasion. I'm looking forward to a bit of variety!

Yeah yeah,

NotGotAny Bay lives up to it's name. Make sure you tell that to your mates down in Vic when you send them pics of the NotCaughtHere fish.

Also SeenAny Harbour is only good for sight seeing so the pics you send should only have the Touros (all types from Leather Jacket wearers to the typical John Dory) posing in there usual photo pose.

:D

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys, Finally found a house, we ended up in the North actually along the parra river so looks like I'll be launching from the parra and cruising out to the harbour. is there a speed limit in the parra river? I went for a walk down there yesterday and saw a rivercat ferry thing going along at at least 15 knots or so. Where's a good spot to start in the harbour without going too far past the bridge? Can't wait to wet a line, it's been over a month with my fishing gear in storage!!! edit: from research online it seems there's no speed limit downstream of the silverwater bridge (apart from certain rivers) is that correct?

Edited by Linc

Thanks Fisherking, I'll be launching from the wharf rd ramp as it's very close to home. Much appreciate the info :) Also very good news as it'd be a long trip to the harbour at 5 knots like the melbourne rivers

Edited by Linc