Burning palms (calfs) blackfish

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

Hit up burning palms with royce for my first trip to this ledge chasing blackfish.

We arrived at garie fifteen minutes before sun up and set off on the track down to the ledge (45 min walk) once on the ledge rigged up put a bait on while testing the floats weight when five feet off the ledge the float rockets too the bottom fish on the first drift duly landed then royce was on with us going fish for fish for the session with some silver drummer bycatch for some light tackle testing fun around hightide the swell started too pick up and wash over the ledge lightly so we fished for one more hour then cleaned the fish as the rain started too fall.

Total for the was twenty six blackfish landed kept thirteen for a feed with many more dropped during the session then we walked out (1 hr and 40 minutes in the rain) with some deers for company all up a good day out but a long trek in and out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers trevor

Guest hawkesbass

The trek was definately worth it but the calfburn on some off the hills on the way out tests you will make the trip again

Good going Royce and Trevor. Didnt think you would make it out of there have fished there many times years ago .Have you tried the steep descent at Garawarra farm on past occasions now that's a test of fitness. Have seen horses going back up that track gasping for breath the garie track is a piece of cake.Where you fishing the first ledge or the Figure Eights which is the Second major ledge past the beach. Well done .Steve.

Great catch there Trevor just you talking about that trek out brings back some bad memories of that walk out. Fished there many years ago with great success catching big pigs salmon and a few kings

Cheers patey

Guest hawkesbass

The walk was made worse as a heavy coastal shower hit on the way out turning the track too slush

Guest hawkesbass

Good catch boys. You would have been within spitting distance of where I normally fish :) We will all get together for a session on the rocks, soon.

Royce and i will need too organise another border pass each for that trip it was hard enough getting this one approved

Oh!! I wasn't suggesting I take you to my spot. I was going to let you show me your north of the Shire spots :) Killed it today. Last couple of fish I caught jumped out of the water and snapped up the bait while it was in mid air. They were hungry today. We landed 48 fish and lost at least half that ,many again.

Guest hawkesbass

Oh!! I wasn't suggesting I take you to my spot. I was going to let you show me your north of the Shire spots :) Killed it today. Last couple of fish I caught jumped out of the water and snapped up the bait while it was in mid air. They were hungry today. We landed 48 fish and lost at least half that ,many again.

Great session and here i am stuck at work