Lilli Pilli

f1shen

Went out this morning to fish the incoming tide - anchored just off Lilli Pilli Baths in the eddy that forms there when the tide comes in. Hooked into a solid bite of bream and trevally. The winning bait for the day was old chicken breast and parmesan, which I always thought was an obscure joke, but turns out it's a great bait too! The fish went off the bite as the sun came up.

Saw some kings of decent size there too - they were following the trevally up as I was winding them in. I couldn't coax them on anything - not chicken, fresh squid or a bit of slimy mackerel from last fishing trip. I even tried lures to no avail - I wish I had a yakka or two! I know they can be picky at times. Anyone got any tips to get them on the bite when they're not keen?

(Sorry, no photos)

mate at the flats you would always get kingies at this time of the year in your berley trail. I find that if you berley up with cube pilchards and then send an unweighted pilly out as well you can fool them into taking the bait. They are always unsized kingies though.

mate at the flats you would always get kingies at this time of the year in your berley trail. I find that if you berley up with cube pilchards and then send an unweighted pilly out as well you can fool them into taking the bait. They are always unsized kingies though.

I second that. You can add a livie to the list of things you drop down once you got them berleyed up