Day on the Hawkesbury

freddygeester

Hi Raiders

Had a break from soccer duties so I thought I would ring a mate and see if he was interested in some R&R. Boat hitched on fresh bait on ice and we were off to try our luck after the bit of fresh water added to the water. Put the boat in at Parsley bay and headed for Juno point, nothing but sharks so decided to head off to dangar island for zip. Was approaching the end of the tide so motored up to the rail bridge for one last try. Baits in the water, a few nibbles but nothing actually taking the bait and running so persisted for a bit longer and Payday :banana: the first run was hard and fast with me nearly getting spooled as I was only using a bream rig, some 10 minutes later and happy days a nice Hawkesbury jew measuring 920mm long.

post-17167-0-20755700-1369644909_thumb.jpg

post-17167-0-50455700-1369645154_thumb.jpg

Awesome stuff man nice fish. Fished of juno last sunday also for a bombardment of shark. The run in tide therr in that king tide was insane. 3/8 jig head couldnt get the lure to sink and the shark wouldn't leave the baits alone. To next time lol.

What shark's were you lads pulling up? I caught a cracker bull shark up near Akuna Bay about a month back, would've been at least 2m long... there in there! lucky the waters so deep they dont surface to much :o

Wow I don't think Il be taking the yak out solo anymore I knew I seen a monster shark bigger than my 3 m yak chasing baitfish near the railway bridge but I convinced myself it wasn't as I was about 200 m off sure alone in a little 3 m kayak