Port Stephens Reds

Rusty Hookes

Afternoon All,

New member and appreciate all the forums and chats. Keeps up the motivation through the long winter months. Planning a trip to Port Stephens and have heard of good Reds on SP around close inshore areas this time of year. Any tips or tricks? I'm "catch & release" and don't even eat fish!

Thank nbdshroom.

OFFSHORE Some good Snapper reports this week. quality reds caught on the northern side of Broughton island fishing un-weighted baits down a berkley trail. Fishermans bay is also fishing well especially out around the bommies. There are still a few Trag on the reefs with the Tank mark off Boat harbour and the 21 fishing well. The washes will be worth fishing with Bream, Drummer and Snapper at the front of Fingal and around big island. Almark is still fishing well for Kingfish and the later part of the weekend will be worth a trip out. I did here reports of a few Yellow fin turning up down south around the Newcastle Caynons and Norah Head Caynons. Lets hope that this winter will see the return of Tuna fishing.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks. Yeah, will speak to Brent and co. Hope to report some action. I've seen some big reds on the cleaning tables caught inside (land based) after a big blow. Apparently you need to stake an early claim on the wharf at Little Beach or the marina breakwall.

A bit off topic but I know a lot of people that love fishing but can't cop eating fish and in some cases any seafood at all but I have friends the like to hunt {with guns} and eat a lot of what they shoot' mind you they find it a little difficult releasing what they get lol

A bit off topic but I know a lot of people that love fishing but can't cop eating fish and in some cases any seafood at all but I have friends the like to hunt {with guns} and eat a lot of what they shoot' mind you they find it a little difficult releasing what they get lol

Umm Huhh???

:insane: