long reef mixed bag 10/6/13

fisholb

Morwong can be a a good fish to eat if you do the following , spike its brain and bleed, fillet and skin ready for the deep fryer the same day , or if its a large fish i like to cut it into cutlets , marinade in oil and lemon and bbq over coals , baste with marinade during cooking, the problem with allot of people is that while they can be great fishermen, they don't go to the trouble they should with their catch, they can also be everedge to poor cooks, so the end result after all for a tasty fish like a johndory ,bream, whiting, or a flathead can be good to ok instead off a meal that they can remember for a very long time , take a lesser quality fish like a morwong and most people will struggle to bring the best out of it if they don't go to the trouble they should in the first place. not being a know it all , just trying to help.

Your not a know it all, I agree with your comments.

My mother even makes salmon taste great done in the oven. When I saw them Mowies I was salivating because I know what she

can do with them and they taste great.

A nice haul of fish there.

cheers

Boys

The best way in my view to make an average fish taste good is to have ice on board (in your esky or kill tank) and throw in a bucket of salt water. This actually lowers the freezing point of the water making it extra cold. This is what the Japs do for sushimi and trust me it works. Then when you catch a fish bleed it straight away and throw it in. Mowies are good!

Johno

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Fisholb...sorry for the late post. Yes was a top day. Good to have some new chums out for there first day on the ocean....Lots of friendly banter from everyone...Raf was top rod for the day,got a nickname from skipper Denis...B.P the quiet achevier!!!!

Was very funny "educateting" the lads with some of our names of fishes...."Sabre toothed Whiteing"...Pike, "Flower Pots"....Red Rockcod....."Scoffalls"...Mados......"Ma bakers"....Sargeant Bakers....."Fish Fingers"....3 inch Flathead!!!, "Quakers Hill Bream"....Sweep, "Elvis Presley Fish"....Leatherjackets....."Billy Goats"...Nannigai..just to name a few.....

Trying to tell, I think your nephew, that a "mouth hooked" Sweep was an "illegal" capture as it was not hooked through the eyeball....too funny....

We are all looking forward to having you all out again.....

Hey Fisholb...sorry for the late post. Yes was a top day. Good to have some new chums out for there first day on the ocean....Lots of friendly bantered from everyone...Raf was top rod for the day,got a nickname from skipper Denis...B.P the quiet achevier!!!!

Was very funny "educateting" the lads with some of our names of fishes...."Sabre toothed Whiteing"...Pike, "Flower Pots"....Red Rockcod....."Scoffalls"...Mados......"Ma bakers"....Sargeant Bakers....."Fish Fingers"....3 inch Flathead!!!, "Quakers Hill Bream"....Sweep, "Elvis Presley Fish"....Leatherjackets....."Billy Goats"...Nannigai..just to name a few.....

Trying to tell, I think your nephew, that a "mouth hooked" Sweep was an "illegal" capture as it was not hooked through the eyeball....too funny....

We are all looking forward to having you all out again.....

Thank you very much for taking the boys out on their 1st fishing expedition. ..they r now eagerly waiting for d next trip...glad u r back online...chat to u soon