Twin under floor fuel tanks

tasksta

Hi all

with the cold weather im already working on improving the boat for next summer.

My rig is a 4.90 1990 Quintrex lazeabout.

High on my priority list is an under floor fuel tank.

I have been advised not to go stainless/alloy as they can crack and are also out of my budget, >$1000 fitted.

This has brought me to the catalogue of plastic tanks available from sant marine.

Problem is the ribs in the hull are only 380mm apart and i can only fit the following 30L tank:

http://www.santmarine.com.au/store/popup_image.php?pID=276ℑ=1

My questions are:

Is it possible to fit two of these tanks to run simultaneously?

If so how is this achieved?

Anyone using one of these tanks?

Is it a 'DIY' fitment process?

Has anyone fitted a tank themselves?

From what i can see and assume it áppears' to be a fairly straight forward process.

Thanks

Paul

hey mate,

I am also thinking of the same for my Stacer 440 Nomad.

I have seen the tanks at Santmarine and wonder if I work out the best one to fit and do it myself.

My reservation is that I don't want to feck it up and end up costing an arm and a leg.

If anyone has advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Choicebro

Hi, I would not be worried about a properly made alloy or SST tank-plenty of boats use these without cracking. Sant marine tanks are fine but tend to be for boats that have the fuel tanks running bow to stern, not left to right like an alloy boat needs. The gentleman with the Stacer, the easiest way is to just buy the correct tank from Stacer and easy for us to get one from them. As for the older Quintrex if you measure the area Telwater may make one that might suit.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi, a Stacer 440 Nomad came with a 50L underfloor tank if you optioned one up back in the day and you will not get much change for around $1K to supply the tank. If you post your serial number I can see if Telwater still make a tank to suit that age Stacer.

Cheers,

Huey.

No, and it as I said in an earlier post, about $1K. You will find going to a welder to get a one off made you will be spending more than that. Portable tanks seem you only solution if you do not want to spend that sort of money.

What really makes an aluminium tank so expensive? Does it need to be certified? How thick is the fuel tank wall? I believe it will only need less than a half sheet of aluminium plate to fabricate 40 litres tank.

hi choicebro the bladders are good quality no offence to huey who is only trying to help you but that price that tellwater are selling them at is double what I would say is reasonable and I bet they dont sell many ,if you can retro fit the main boating shops have 40L stainless tanks starting at $349 size given 606L* 410w*183H good luck with it choicebro hope you can find a solution regards dunc333