A WET SYDNEY HARBOUR AND DY WIDE

saltrix

Even though the forecast was for rain my fish supply had run out and was keen to wet a line so with the calm seas and low swell forecast we gave it a go.

There was only 1 trailer at Tunks Park so there was no trouble launching.

Things looked good for a start and we picked up 4 tailor trolling Dobryd and Washaway beach area, although the big seas hitting the beach did not agree with the calm seas low swell forecast.

As we were keen to catch some of those big flathead and mowies usually around at this time, we gave the tailor away, as they were only just legal size, and headed out to DY wide.

Trolling around south head produced a salmon, but the seas were pretty lumpy so we kept heading out.

The seas got better once off Manly although still a bit jiggly.

After an hour drifting over our consistent spots off DY we had not lost a bait. Most unusual for this area at this time of the year. It seems all the fish had disappeared, so as the seas were getting bigger and rougher we headed back to the harbour where we burleyed for a while to try to find some trevally, but only found small jackets.

Got pretty wet despite good rainwear.

No pictures as nothing worth photographing except the rain.

Unlucky mate,

I have been away but hope to try for some Flatties this week. I fish to the south but managed some nice big 50cm plus blue spots on plastics a few weeks ago before the hords of jackets moved in. The Jackets would hear the boat arrive and school up underneath it. If i didnt drop a bait and waited a while they tended to move on. i guess they are attracted to the commercial fishing boats by catch and hear the engines.

Im hoping there is some clean salt water under all the dirty fresh on the surface.