Best Boat Ramp

kyngfish

Hi Guys,

Wondering if you can help. I live on the South Coast and want to know what the best ramp is to use to fish for hairtail around Jerusalem & Waratah.

We will stay over night for probably 2 nights so need something reasonably secure. Not worried about a fee.

Also towing a larger boat 19ft so not sure about the winding steep roads done to Akuna Bay etc.

I was told by a friend that the road to Parsley Bay is being worked on and is half cut off.

Thanks.

Apple tree bay would be the go! There is a fee of $11 for memory. Pretty safe area but I'm fairly sure they lock the gates after sundown and open them at sunrise. This would be the best if you plan to stay overnight. The road winds a bit going down there but you shouldn't have any problems. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Edited by Scratchie

Gray kyngfish,

I have fished the area for many years, I find apple tree bay to be a bit of a pain with the fees and terrible road going down.

I use parsley bay, its decent ramp in most wind conditions and is well lit at night. Its only a short run to jewy bay as well.

It also has a separate pontoon away from the ramp which makes it easier when busy. Good luck with the ht`s.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2