Fishing down Jervis bay

Dredog

Thank god it's stopped raining ! I'm heading down to Jervis bay for the school holidays with the kids , boat in tow . Have any members fished this area before? Any tips for locations would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks Andre

Hi mate I'm just a little south of jb I'm at bendalong and at the moment all that you can get is jackets there everywhere in plague proportion and whenever you put down a line it gets bitten off even with a wire trace with a long shank it's just crazy. But down here the samon are on fire they are everywhere as well but other that that a few nice snapper a few rock cod and Sargent backers. Hope you get something

Cheers,

Ethan

Edited by Ethan13

Hey mate,

Don't forget your nipper pump. You can get a few at moona moona creek but watch for the marine parks. They patrol it all pretty heavily. As I told you I got great whiting bream blackfish and small salmon off hyams beach. There are plenty of flatties in the currambene creek( including a monster I spooked one night)

Also have a look at the lady denman pool at Huskisson. It has massive flatties, bream, snapper etc in there for fisheries. Throw a leaf in for some surface flattie action. Would be awesome on a go pro! No fishing though.

Also the stgeorges basin is one of the best big flattie fisheries around. Some big tailor and snapper get caught there too.

In the bay trie for kings at the heads and snapper at the middle ground.

Good luck

Ha dre,I fish the bay a bit,don't caught much but go hard anyway.try the nth west tip of the island and sound around a km north and west and u might find my secret school of kings.heaps of nice sized slimmeys around and the water will be cleaner this week.good luck.they were still there sat but not biting also the seals might play a bit so watch out.ps catch many and let just as many go,cheers

Hey mate,

Don't forget your nipper pump. You can get a few at moona moona creek but watch for the marine parks. They patrol it all pretty heavily. As I told you I got great whiting bream blackfish and small salmon off hyams beach. There are plenty of flatties in the currambene creek( including a monster I spooked one night)

Also have a look at the lady denman pool at Huskisson. It has massive flatties, bream, snapper etc in there for fisheries. Throw a leaf in for some surface flattie action. Would be awesome on a go pro! No fishing though.

Also the stgeorges basin is one of the best big flattie fisheries around. Some big tailor and snapper get caught there too.

In the bay trie for kings at the heads and snapper at the middle ground.

Good luck

thanks buddy , nearly didn't pack the nipper pump

Ha dre,I fish the bay a bit,don't caught much but go hard anyway.try the nth west tip of the island and sound around a km north and west and u might find my secret school of kings.heaps of nice sized slimmeys around and the water will be cleaner this week.good luck.they were still there sat but not biting also the seals might play a bit so watch out.ps catch many and let just as many go,cheers

Cheers buddy

You're a champ

Hi mate I'm just a little south of jb I'm at bendalong and at the moment all that you can get is jackets there everywhere in plague proportion and whenever you put down a line it gets bitten off even with a wire trace with a long shank it's just crazy. But down here the samon are on fire they are everywhere as well but other that that a few nice snapper a few rock cod and Sargent backers. Hope you get something

Cheers,

Ethan

Looks like Sambos are the go, I've started keeping them now. When you know how to cook them, they are pretty good eating .

Thanks Ethan , I really appreciate the local knowledge, if you're ever heading up here , hope I can return the favour

Andre