Huntsman 23 Flybridge Re-Fit

noelguyau

Hey guys, doing a complete re-fit on our beloved Huntsman- we are going to do away with the stern drive and put a pod and outboard on her. We are in the start of our research and I'm wondering if anyone out there has experience in, and knows of anyone who manufactures these Pods. Looking forward to this rebuild so any info will be greatly appreciated.

Noel.

Guest Aussie007

seen one done last year on hook line and sinker they done a similar fly bridge boat with a pod and whacked a 300-350hp outboard on it looked really nice and fuel economy plus reliability went up from the inboard to outboard conversion i think they called it "the beast" or something like that check out there web site for details

Yeah gazza, I saw that, it was a Berty 23-came up nice at the end. Going to do something like that- more like a 250hp. Need to get some advice and info from people that have done this before. Im excited about the cockpit space it will free up.

Guest Aussie007

yeah it was a great make over, if u do the same thing post up some pictures as u go along :)

Hi, yes we have done this a fair few times in the past and know of a few places that sell pods. A very rough ball park, without any labour will be around $30K to fit a new tech clean engine, pod and hydraulic steering.

PM me if you are interested,

Cheers,

Huey.

I had a mate that had a 24 Huntsman with a pod and outboard and it used to porpoise at the front end a bit because it was slightly under powered.

I think it had a 175 on the back...make sure you get enough grunt to get her up and planning easily as she is a big girl.It is a long way from the transom to the motor as well.

Regards Stewy

• 7 months later...
Guest Aussie007

We set up a kind of booth around it and I sprayed using a high volume low pressure gun. I was happy with the way it came out.

i hope u wore some protective gear mate 2 pack is dangerous stuff sprayed but ok rolled on, the spray gun atomizes and makes it easy to breath in the carcinogens where as u can get a great finish rolling it on and its safe just something to think about when u paint the rest of the boat otherwise great job :biggrinthumb: