Roseville

spizza

G'day,

Armed with some big shads and high hopes I ventured to Rosie to try and crack a winter Jew...

My first two casts of the day resulted in snags and I was down two storm shads in 5 minutes. :ranting2::ranting2:

Moved up a little further and spent the next hour and a half working a good looking area for nil results.

A georgeous day on the water even though it was fishless.. :thumbup:

On the prowl..

post-449-1123453266_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Spizza

Roseville can be very frustrating!

61205[/snapback]

Tell me about it Howard!

Without doubt the toughest fishery I have ever fished. But it's the beauty and peacefullness of the location that keeps bringing me back, not to mention no no nos DVD Jew segment.. :1naughty:

I've said it before, I've caught my best bream at this spot, but only on bait, chicken fillet to be exact.. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Spizza

Bad luck Spizza,

being on the water is great, but a couple of fish always makes it better. After the social yesterday, Bluecod and I were coming back about 4pm and there were heaps of choppers busting up all over the place as we were coming in at Roseville, had heaps of fun there on fly for over an hour. But overall, Iv'e never had success there, frustrating is an understatement, but then again, heaps of others have caught fish there.

Besides, Mr McGill's famous video, does anyone know of anyone who has hooked at jew at this famous spot?

61217[/snapback]

Dave, I remember walking into Harbord tackle about a decade ago and seeing some pics of a couple of big Jew taken the evening before, land based next to the Rosie bridge pylons. Both were caught on white feather jigs.

I also have a magazine photo of a guy gaffing a big Jewie on another feather jig right next to the Roseville bridge.

As for McGill's hole, well, I remember speaking to him late last year and he mentioned they were still catching them weeks after the DVD was shot. He showed me the photo's.

Cheers, :thumbup:

Spizza

Edited by spizza

Haven't you guys heard of the "Jewscale Fairy" she is a little fairy who flies around scattering jew scales at all the cleaning tables up & down the coast to suck fisherman into thinking there are Jews about. We have all seen the scales but in all honesty have you ever seen the fish they came from?

Trust me its the Jewscale fairy at work guys. She's a close relative of the "Morning Wood" fairy who flies around giving blokes ...........err well you know :1naughty:

Haven't you guys heard of the "Jewscale Fairy"  she is a little fairy who flies around scattering jew scales at all the cleaning tables up & down the coast to suck fisherman into thinking there are Jews about. We have all seen the scales but in all honesty have you ever seen the fish they came from?

Trust me its the Jewscale fairy at work guys. She's a close relative of the "Morning Wood" fairy who flies around giving blokes ...........err well you know  :1naughty:

61418[/snapback]

LOL :074::074:

Spizza