botany squid 17/7

fat_souvlaki

Gday raiders

After hearing reports of squid in the bay, I hit the water with my best mate to try catch him his first squid.

He showed me up in the end, finished up with 18 and they wern't fussy with jig colours either.

Getting back out there tomorrow to get that bag limit!!

Tight lines!

Where abouts did you go if you don't mind me asking? Are you land or boat based? I was out in the Port Hacking last Sunday and came back with 4 nice onces, one of them being an Arrow Head which surprised me because I thought it was mostly Southern Calamari you get there.

On the Boat zaki, early morning in yarra bay right off the kelp, and round towra. But they are everywhere in the bay atm,

where ever we threw plastics they were there to chomp em up haha.

Nice, nice! I went out same week Sunday and caught 4 of them on sun down that same day! I wanted to know can I get land access to Yarra Bay where you fished them out?

mate you could reach them of a concrete platform, there was a guy casting from there when we were there, i believe you can park on prince of wales drive and walk down to the water (google maps it). if theres none around i guess you could give la perouse a go as well.

mate you could reach them of a concrete platform, there was a guy casting from there when we were there, i believe you can park on prince of wales drive and walk down to the water (google maps it). if theres none around i guess you could give la perouse a go as well.

Definitely mate, I will hopefully give it a go this Sunday if I get the chance and I will post to let you guys know how it went :) thanks for that mate and have a good day!