A New Reel

Yaulpang

When you guys fork out for a new reel do you always seem to read an article AFTER your purchase which says theres a better reel than the one you just bought?

I bought a shimano stradic 4000 after doing research from previous posts and checking prices. Now Im thinking I should have bought a Daiwa capricorn.....

Does anyone else feel like this after a purchase?

Paul

Ahhh,

I'll sleep better tonight. Funny thing is I got it as a replacement for a buggered daiwa proshooter (long story). Thought I'd buy a shimano due to their good warranty service and fast turn around.

Daiwa service....... :wacko:

Guest Jewel

I have a capricorn (lovely reel) fishrunner has a Stradic also nice, in my opinion the capricorn is smoother out of the box but will not be the same in 2-3 years time with the same use, however they both catch fish and do it well.

The Stradic is a lovely reel, great performance and value for money you cant go wrong with either!

• 1 month later...
There was a time that I was completely satisfied with a Jarvis Walker outfit from KMart but that was long ago and well before the days of fishraider forums.

Oh how wrong I was! Woe is me! ..................... but wait, it lasted for a season or two, cost me bugger all and seemed to perform well enough to land me some quality "bread and butter" fish.

Now I must admit I am not using the junk I started out with but then again I am not using expensive stuff either and I am still able to land some nice fish. Can't say I have lost many fish to gear failure either. I don't know where everyone else is fishing and exactly what monsters you are targeting that are stretching your gear to the limit. I think I'll blame my complacency on my  :wife:  for not encouraging me to throw the flatty's, bream, whiting and flounder back and go for big jew and giant kings instead.

69865[/snapback]

It's not a matter of gear failing on you... the quality of gear these days for little money is pretty good, but if you've used a shimano stella you will know why we spend silly amounts of money on gear. All gear catches fish, don't get me wrong, but the sheer enjoyment of using something silky smooth cannot IMO be surpassed. :biggrin2: