jewies in botany bay/georges river

fat_souvlaki

Check the reports section - a few big jews being caught here and there. Though full moon JUST passed - dont know how much good it is fishing for jews the week after full moon.

Im not a jew chaser myself so the moon info might be wrong .. Try the beaches maybe - worst case scenario you get some big winter salmon!

be prepared to get the shits, go home cold, fishless and frustrated. assuming you have done a little homework regarding where they usually reside in estuaries, these would be the areas to target first......if you havnt done any homework, anywhere in the water. the georges holds plenty, just gotta put in the hours mate.....and keep a diary, after you catch a few, certain things will become apparent and the time spent chasing them for nil results becomes less. sp and bait both work well.

Edited by mii11x

Thanks for your input fellas, went out yesterday and found the taylor are around in plague numbers!! Not good for sp fisherman :(

Nearly bit through my 50lb trace the bastards!!

The jewfish hunt will continue next week..

Mii11x - hope to crack my first from the georges next time, Ive heard so much about patterns regarding their feeding habits around the big tides!

Filthmonger - isnt the cooks dirty? Even though the jews move around heaps, they would pick up toxins the baitfish have?

Cheers

John

Cooks is one of the best fisheries in Sydney but yes its strictly catch and release. I dont see a reason to kill a big. beautiful jewie anyway. Theres a few good youtube vids going around of guys getting some serious jews up there.