botany bay/little/maroubra/kurnell/molli 28/7/13

fisholb

Hi raiders. We decided to check out outside the bay and see if the snapper are close by. Got to the ramp around 730am. Headed straight to our first spot around little bay in around 20m. We drifted for about 30mins before we got our first flatty for the day. At around 9am I got my first snapper around the 43cm on mullet strip. Hi fives all round. That's what we were targeting. By 11am we got half a dozen flatties around the 50s. Plenty of wrasse and rock cod in the 30s. Caught half a dozen jackets and got cut off a couple of times. We decided to move to around maroubra in 70m deep. We drifted and after one hour I got my second snapper around the 47cm on mullet strip. Caught more flatties and plenty of throw backs. We drifted for a while but couldnt hook anymore snapper so we headed back to little bay. We came across a school of salmon and chased them for a while but cant hook any. Move to around kurnell and stayed for about one hour for nothing so decided to check molli pt hoping for some tailor. All we caught were baby snappers so decided to go home. Back at the ramp around 4pm.

Tally for the day

10 flatties

2 snapper

1 morwong

7 jackets

1 nannygai ???

3 sargents (biggest around 60 plus)

8 wrasse

Bait used

Mullet/squid/pilchard/sargent/pike

Thanks for reading.