Fishing At The Peak And At Hargreaves Reef

ACZ

Managed to get out on the water yesterday with the weather not to bad headed to hargreaves reef in 130m of water. All that was managed was 2 pigfish, 1 morwong and 2 squire as well as a few pesky sweep and chinamans. there was an abundance of red bream about 28cm big which is a good sign. Next moved to the peak positioned the boat on a 60m pinnacle and anchored. Again all that was caught were sweep and the best fish managed were 2 long finned perch. The live bait down the bottom was not touched at all and has not been touched in the past 6 outings .i.e. 6 weeks ago. A commercial long liner was out there as well, while fishing watched them bring up sweep after sweep after sweep maybe commercial fisherman aren't that bad after all at least they get rid of the sweep. Any one else fished outwide or near the peak and caught anything good?

Managed to get out on the water yesterday with the weather not to bad headed to hargreaves reef in 130m of water. All that was managed was 2 pigfish, 1 morwong and 2 squire as well as a few pesky sweep and chinamans. there was an abundance of red bream about 28cm big which is a good sign. Next moved to the peak positioned the boat on a 60m pinnacle and anchored. Again all that was caught were sweep and the best fish managed were 2 long finned perch. The live bait down the bottom was not touched at all and has not been touched in the past 6 outings .i.e. 6 weeks ago. A commercial long liner was out there as well, while fishing watched them bring up sweep after sweep after sweep maybe commercial fisherman aren't that bad after all at least they get rid of the sweep. Any one else fished outwide or near the peak and caught anything good?

61417[/snapback]

didn't do to bad better then .better then me on sunday. a few perch & pigfish well done there acz

:thumbup::thumbup:

opps :1welcomeani::1welcomeani: to this great site :thumbup:

Edited by ankles

Looks like it was quiet everywhere on Saturday..

I went out last Saturday morning to Esmarelda and fished between 62 and 87 Metres of water..

The sounder looked real good but all we got was one pig fish, one med snapper and a heap of Nanni's.

The charter boat out there seemed to just be getting nanni's as well.

Got a bit of a fright when a large seal came up under the boat to say hello!!!

Tried boltons reef on the way in and got nailed by a lot of leatherjackets and rubbish.

Tried jigging on a few schools of fish in 40 metres of water (was clutching at all straws!!) but all i got was..... more nanni's

(there aggressive little buggers arn't they!!!, The Jig was bigger than the nanni!!)

Tried a final jig on the vallient, but again nothing!!! (getting repetitive isn't it!!)

Didn't see any Salmon running around, through some small tailor were working the bommie on the northern side of Barrenjoey.

Apart from that it was a magic day... bit cold in the morning though (ice on top of the esky as opposed to being in the esky is a sure sign its fresh!!!)