Mono brand recommendations for rock fishing

benm

I've started to get back into a bit of bottom bashing off the rocks but all my spinning reels now have braid. I have found mono better off the rocks in the past as it doesn't cut as easily on rocky bottoms. I will be targetting dirty fighters like big drummer and groper. Obviously the harder and thicker the line, the harder it will be to cut on jagged rocks, but I don't want to comprimise too much with casting ability. I would like to fill a Stradic 5000 with mono, I think 20lb would be good choice. I would like to know what brands people recommend. Cheers.

Thanks everyone. I have used Tortue in the past and while it was the most abrasive resistant line I have used, it was so hard that is wasn't very good to cast. I will also be using this setup to cast out far for squid using fish skewered on spikes. How is Schneider Klearline for casting?

Surecatch Krypton is excellent line that won't break the bank. Have a look at the diameter compared to Klearline and Tortue etc and it is surprisingly thin. Best of all it has excellent abrasion resistance. I have used a lot of lines and settled on this one. Its a bit more expensive than Schneider but not nearly as expensive as braid. I do a lot of wash fishing for bream,drummer and have used this line with great success. Not always easy to find would be the only issue.

Matt