A pleasant plan B from the stones

Kracka

G'day raiders,

been out of action for a while so finally managed to hit the stones yesterday in a long time. Wanted some aussie salmon or bonnie action. Crack of dawn, low tide, some nice discoloured washy water about but not much happening on the surface with lures except I got to see some whales and dolphins which was a sight for sore eyes. So flicked over to a tiny ball sinker and 1/0 hook and the pigs were on fire. Averaging at 30cm they certainly gave my 14lb spin gear a real workout...think the drag may be busted on it now (yep...the ONE time I leave my alvey reel at home! :bash:). Managed over 20 fish (no joke; lost count after a dozen) with 2 of those being the largest drummer I've ever seen (not landed as the line snapped trying to haul them up the ledge - they put the 30cm fish to shame) and got smoked by some even bigger unstoppable beasts that I suspect may have been a big blue. All fish were taken on cungie and the larger ones on small half crabs. Kept a couple small ones for a feed and released the rest. Apologies, no pics thanks to a giant crack in my phone screen now :05:

Also found out that life jackets are a must now along the northern beaches, so just a friendly reminder to fellow rock fishos...don't risk the $100 fine that comes along with being caught without one. Some good deals on Dinga and a shop at the moment if you need one.

All in all, a great plan B day out and its definitely time to get out there and start chasing some drummer. It's great to see the drummer are around in numbers and quality.

Tight lines all.

Edited by Kracka
I can't spell
  • Like 1