Don't believe every thing your told

Stapo

Fishing at The Entrance on the weekend with my mate Stevo,we were in his boat and usually I am the anchor slave but I think he was worried about my sore back and pulled the anchor himself.

Now the anchor came up covered in weed, hiding amongst it was a small fortescue or bullrought which stung him on the finger.

We see a lot of these little fellas whilst prawning and they do pack a punch. His eyes watered up and the finger started to swell so he tried rubbing it on the belly of a Flathead, I explained that this would only stop any bleeding not stop any pain.

I said I had heard of an old remedy that could be worth a try and told him that urine works a treat, I offered my services but he said he was quite capable.

Now the end result is wee doesn't work, not sure where I heard it from maybe I just made it up.

Cheers Steve

Worth a try but maybe try putting that finger in some hot water. A lot of venoms from fish and water dwelling species are unstable in warmer temperatures.

Yep the hotter the better. I keep a billy and stove on my boat at all times mainly for coffee but may come in handy one day for a sting.