I didn't have bait!

Scratchie

Just a quick report from the maiden voyage on a kayak I bought last week.

Only took it out for an hour, but managed 2 nice size tailor around 30cm and 1 smelly old pike.

I used 1/4 jig head and berkley gulp in pumpkin seed. Was a unique experience not taking bait with me at all. At from a yak made it even more special. A great hours entertainment. Sorry, no pics on fish, I didn't want to risk it!

post-24974-0-51942400-1377316570_thumb.jpg

Cheers scratchie!!!

Mate that is fantastic Jeff! Good way to christen the new cooked tiger prawn-coloured yak. :sun: All the better for you to sneak up on unsuspecting fish! Looking forward to more of your future exploits on bait and lures.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by nbdshroom

Nice work bud, how did the yak go? I am thinking about one myself when I get some money put aside.

The yak was great especially for a beginner. The motor was a bit dodgey though! It runs on Jim beam and there was none in sight!!!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Mate that is fantastic Jeff! Good way to christen the new cooked tiger prawn-coloured yak. :sun: All the better for you to sneak up on unsuspecting fish! Looking forward to more of your future exploits on bait and lures.

Cheers

Pete

Cheers Pete,

Took out a fellow raider today simmo2 and caught about the same on bait! Hmmmm.

Must be the name simmo! Lol

Cheers scratchie!!!

Haha yeah. Good day to be out today though. Cracker of a day! Sounds like your motor needs a coffee to start it up and a consistent supply of jim bean to keep the revs in the sweet spot lol :drunk:

Cheers

Pete

Edited by nbdshroom

• 2 weeks later...

Mines a cheap Aussie made motor.

Runs on Coopers which is a bit cheaper than Jim Beam.

I can run it on Beam, but I definitely get more mileage from the Coopers, must be where it was made.

I do find in winter that I get very good fuel economy with Farmers Union Iced Coffee, but if I use too much it will blow the head gasket.

Seriously though, nice looking yak, hope you get many more good fish with it.

Steve

• 1 month later...

good report .

question . how do you store your fishing tackel in there ? aswell as everything els , like life jacket keepersnet etc ?

bretto

Hey bretto, firstly you wear your jacket. The compartment at the rear holds all tackle and gear needed. The keeper net I tie off to the side. I normally take two rods as there are 5 holders. The lockable compartments I use mainly for my valuables, wallet keys etc.

I clip my knife, pliers, bogg crips and net on one side within reach.

Plenty of room for everything! I also put my electric motor on when I'm feeling lazy too!

Cheers scratchie!!!