Blades for bream and flathead

Kingfish1999

Hey guys,

I just got a kayak a few weeks back and I want to get into bream and flathead fishing with blades. Just one question I know a website which I can get them for a $1 each, what colours are the best there are so many colours and I don't know what colours to get.

So if u don't mind can u tell me a few colours.

Cheers Ethan

Edited by Ethan13

Hey Ethan,

I don't think the colour really matters from what I have read on here before, its how you work them and what the fish are biting on the day.

Also the quality of the blades as well, I don't know what brand the $1 ones are you are referring too, but they may not be worth buying.

I tend to buy the darker colour ones and have one bright coloured one for darker water. I have a few black with orange under the bottom and a couple of gold colours.

Good luck

matt

most shades fade out underwater and its more how you work the blade and U.V paint. ill also suggest get some of the better known brands ive used heeps of different cheepies and theres only one word for them but i wont say it.if you after cheeper good blades theres a few smaller brands that have been making a name for themselves in the bream comp seen that are good and have U.V

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Wow, $1 blades does seem a little too good to be true.

Hope they don't cause you grief mate.

Might be a good idea to check out your local tackle store. I bought a 5 pack of Instinct brand blades from Tackleworld for $20, and after upgrading the trebles to stingers have been more than happy with them.

However my higher end blades have more movement and vibration through the braid, which in turn catches more fish.

I guess it comes down to the comment.....you get what you pay for.

Steve

I totally agree with the general sentiment on cheap blades - same goes for hardbodies. I bought a heap of cheap hard bodies in China a few years ago (lived there for a while) and the majority of them swim around in circles or just tangle themselves up - only a couple our of 20+ worked as they should.