CALLING ON ALL EXPERT ROCK FISHOS

fishgod

Hi all,

I need some help guys. ill start by stating what i need.

1. 9-10 ft overhead rod to match a Talica 2 for livebaiting on the rocks ( rod is required to be heavy 10-20kg or heavier ) Price really is not an issue aslong its under $800

2. 9-10ft Spin rod for livebaiting on the rocks (rod is required to be heavy 10-20kg or heavier same price range.

They are both required for fishing for kingfish and yes i know you can catch them with lighter tackle etc but where i fish the stones this is what i think i need.

The only thing i could find that fit the description was a DAIWA lateo pirate, does anyone have or used or viewed a rod that will do what i need.

I dont mind even looking at those fancy japanese rods (except i dont even know where to start looking on google for them)

thanks for helping

If price isn't an issue get a custom calstar graph fighter built up for overhead live baiting a custom popper rod for spin that you can use for livebait or throwing poppers/stickbaits. Easy to get each for well under $800 each

I can comment on the Lateo Pirates as I recently picked one up, 11ft in the lighter range. Simply excellent rods, very good quality and very light to hold.

Unfortunately I have only had time to fish with it once of the rocks but handled and landed a couple of Salmon with ease, thinking of buying the heavier model myself.

9 - 10 ft is a bit on the long side for livebaiting for kings - you will give too much away in leverage. Unless you are fishing particualy inhospitable rocks I would look at something in the 7 - 8 ft range. Perhaps something in the Shakespeare

Bluewater or the Livefibre range.

For the overhead my pick of rods is a wilson live fiber 24kg at 9 foot (I think) absolute beast of a rod it will stop just about anything. But if your price range is 800 go get a nice custom rod if you pm me ill send you a rod builder I knows details. He is a big lbg fisherman with kings up to 30kg off the stones under his belt and makes beautiful rods. Maybe be worth getting one of his popping sticks as well as a spin rod