Whales on my sounder

Croydon

Hi folks,

I was out fishing with a few mates on Tuesday off Moruya heads. Things were pretty quiet until a small pod of whales came up about 50m behind the boat. We watched them dive under the boat and come out the other side. As they did so, I got a great screen shot of the 3 wales on my Furuno sounder. Thought you may be interested.

post-4525-0-67733300-1378327454_thumb.jpeg

The fishing was pretty slow but ended up with a feed of flathead and some fantastic memories. Thanks.....

Dave

Hi Mike,

It very well could be. The green scattered dots between the marks is a thermocline I believe and the mark at top could be another whale, different shape closer to the top of the beam/cone would be my guess.

Dave

Hey Dave,

Mate what a sight.

I would frame that photo.

You know whales communicate via sonar.

I wonder what they were thinking when they passed into the cone field of the Furuno sonar and had a listen.

Would they be laughing their cetacean heads off or would they be grooving to the beat ?

The mind boggles...

Tony

Hi folks,

I was out fishing with a few mates on Tuesday off Moruya heads. Things were pretty quiet until a small pod of whales came up about 50m behind the boat. We watched them dive under the boat and come out the other side. As they did so, I got a great screen shot of the 3 wales on my Furuno sounder. Thought you may be interested.

attachicon.gifwhales.jpeg

The fishing was pretty slow but ended up with a feed of flathead and some fantastic memories. Thanks.....

Dave

amazing pics mate!!!

Thats great

Fished Broken bay 2 weeks ago and had a small whale(calf) swim around my boat for probaly 20 minutes, that close I Icould nearly touch it,it was swimming through my lines at back,Also saw it on my sounder. I'll never forget it. What a great country we live in