Central coast Thursday

barberonhigh

Went up there last Thursday , caught the worms and fished the beach for 2 keepers , a 29 cm whiting and a 28 cm bream both caught on worms on the low tide couldn't wait for the high tide cause it very late don't usually fish on low.

Had more fun catching the worms , no picture for the bream sorryPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thanks mate, might give it a go again this summer. I did see the pro working the beach one day and he was pulling four worms as the wave was receding,didn't even pause much to tease the worm out of the hole. Looked like he was just picking them up off the sand.

I might be stretching that one a bit but he did make it look very easy. I suppose he has to catch hundreds a day to make a living.

He must have felt sorry for me because he gave me some of his smaller ones. Ha

Cheers Steve.

Worming is like fishing sometimes ,one day u get 20 worms , another day none, some beaches have very little or no worms at all, so it's good to try different spots, I tried north entrance beach over 30 times last year only one worm one day, then went to budgewoi beach same day and had 20 worms in 2 hours, just keep trying ,when u start getting em , you don't wanna go fishing as much you wanna go worming.

Cheers

metho i herd hards them up , thats all i no .

+1 personally i have not tried it since i find them so hard to catch

but i watched a fishing show where they showed you how to keep them for longer and help them stay on the hook better

they left them in metho overnight and they caught heaps of jewies off the beach with the metho soaked worms

cheers

• 2 months later...