First bream session in a while! - 22/9/13

rjc123

Managed to head out on the yak today to chase a few bream. The water was a little chilly early on at 16 degrees and so was the fishing.... went the entire morning with only a couple rat flatties and nothing more. In the afternoon the water seemingly heated up a fair bit to around 20 degrees (pretty big increase) and this seemed to coincide with a better bite. After flogging the pylons for some time a little fella at 28 hit the bloodworm grubz. First fish off these pylons in months so it was a relief regardless of size. Unfortunately just one other hit from this spot before another move was in order. Only had a little while left so decided to go and see if I could save face with a couple of flatties from a favourite spot. Elected to fish my favourite all-rounder blade - Ecogear vx40 in the black/orange belly colour. It makes a great silhouette and seems to produce when all else won't. Sure enough I sounded up a school of something holding near the bottom in around 7m of water. Dropped the blade down and it didn't take long to hook up. After a good tussle, up popped a better bream at 33. A short while later I hooked up again and landed a 34cm model. Had to get going after this which was a little annoying as I had that school well and truly fired up. Blades are usually an absolute weapon when bream are schooling in deeper water, and today was no exception. Even though it was a really slow session the spot's gradually coming back to life as summer approaches. The super clear water didn't help that's for sure! I even found myself fishing topwater at times today (very optimistically) as it's my true addiction.... not long now til topwater time!!

post-14949-0-07317200-1379848896_thumb.png post-14949-0-94415200-1379848910_thumb.png

post-14949-0-50359600-1379848925_thumb.png

Cheers, Tom

Edited by mulloway man