Carp and Bream

PRED-ATOR

Hi Guys,

Some pics of my last 2 outings. Hit the parra river with Matt (fishingnoob) last week chasing bream on plastics and hard bodies.

Matt caught a tailor the size of a peanut - Well done Matt lol. The other arvo Matt lost a huge carp also, it gets pretty hairy landing them.

Bream werent taking plastics but had some luck on hard bodies right at the turn of the tide.

Went carping yesterday arvo at our local on the fly. Jimmy72 (Grant), thanks for your tip on tying a sinking fly off my floating. It done the damage on the fish below which went 3 1/2 kilo. Thing was fat as.

The carp are definately getting bigger and more bold in as the weather warms up. Yesterday i was casting at the weed banks as the fish were tailing in the shallows eating off the roots. Boy do they put on a great fight on fly gear, this guy had me on the backing about 4 times. Only using 4lb leader so had to take it easy.

Enjoy the pics, thanks again Grant!

post-16847-0-99435600-1380145195_thumb.jpgpost-16847-0-57292800-1380145204_thumb.jpgpost-16847-0-58212200-1380145211_thumb.jpgpost-16847-0-76272800-1380145219_thumb.jpg

Well done Stan! Some nice pictures of respectable bream and the carp. It is probably pretty obvious what you would say (since the fish has that lure in its mouth =p) but what's your opinion and advice over using the shallow fat dog in mongrel colour for bream? I mean I haven't used it much so haven't caught anything on it but it looks like such a bream lolly everytime I look at it.

Pete

Thanks Pete,

Yep definatelt recommend it. Especially at $10.00 a pop instead of almost $30 for a jackall chubby. I have used both lures, and both work the same so stopped buying the jackall chubbys. Still use their vibes though for bream and their plastics for jewies.

Other colours which work really well are 'snoop' and if theirs prawns around, there is a white one with an orange throat i think it may be called ghost which works really well.

I havent had luck in the georges with them but they go hard in the parra and in the harbour. Im off for a week next week Pete so might give u a call for a session if your free.

Cheers Stan,

Haha, in fact I also have that snoop colour but not the white one with the orange throat. Never used it but it looks like the perfect prawn imitation.

Sounds great, we should definitely concoct a plan, maybe even fishingnoob too if he is free. Company is always good.

Good stuff stan gotta love bream on hard bodys that goast gill is a killer lure must have in any h.b box.i prefer the atomic cranks put a bit of sticky weights on it to slow the rise and its a killer

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Top work Stan :thumbup:

Well done on a great haul of quality fish as usual.

Excellent stuff indeed!!

I've got the fat dog deep in Snoop and used it 2 or 3 times but no luck. I also have the Chubby in Suji Brown Shrimp and had some success on that. The standard trebles on the Chubbies are quite flimsy though so I will be changing mine over to something more respectable before I use it again. One thing I can't understand is spending over $20 on a lure only to have it come with flimsy hooks :1wallbash:

Thanks for the comparison bewteen the two, that's good to know. Seems like the fat dogs are heaps better value and they come with better hooks too!

Keep up the nice work Stan and thanks for sharing.

All the best

Ian

Stan,

Don't make fun at the size of my fish, it's not the size that matters remember and it was my first fish caught on a hard body (ghost vibe).

I still think I have caught the biggest carp and we will see this arvo who gets the biggest.

Ving, they are bread immitations.

Cheers matt

thanks for the comments guys,

Kingfisher, I got a few of the atomics, they are great lures and some really cool designs too.

Ian, thanks for the kind words as always : ) i agree the silver hooks on the jackalls arent up to scratch. The fatdogs have owners on them which are super sharp.

Matt Matt Matt, did you LAND your carp?? : ) hehehehehehe

Thanks guys,

Luc, keep at it mate you will hook one. Mix up the retrieve but what worked on these bream were two slow rolls (2 winds of the handle, one twitch) then repeat,dont let it float all the way back up.

Again, thats just what worked then.

Next i want to try target bream on the fly, anyone got any recommendations on fly patterns and retieves?

Cheers, Stan