Port Stephens October Long Weekend

vo2c88

G'Day Raiders,

Ill be heading up to Port Stephens across the long weekend, with the boat in tow for the first time.

We will be puting in three days of fishing, 1 day landbased and the other two days on the boat.

Would anybody be kind enough to give me some tips, locations where we can possibly come across some mulloway, recent reports show there are a couple lurking up there however being the first time we fish these waterways itll be pretty difficult.

Any other tips on other species which maybe good to target at this time of the year will also be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou in advance :-)

Regards

Vo2c88.

There's a couple of lovely deep holes in bay off Corlette (Salamander?) I used to fish with some success. Use your finder they're not hard to find. Best of luck lovely area to fish, if you have the right boat get offshore though you don't need go far to get good action.

I just put this in another post!

Taylors beach good for flatty, whiting or bream on an incoming tide. You can also pump nippers there as well. Corlette is another good spot for the same or you can try off wanda wanda headland. The breakwall at nelson or the anchorage is a great spot, but mainly on the tide changes as the current runs through fairly quickly at other times.

The beaches also fish well at the low light periods and the best of them probably middle rock at one mile or the southern end of wreck beach.

That should be enough to keep you busy! Good luck.

I will pm you some boating spots in the bay!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks guys much appreciated!

Manhands the boat is a 5.5 cc performance plate boat . Handles offshore pretty well. If you have any food marks can you pm me

Scratchie any help is appreciated you're a legend

thankyou guys

if u want to go outside, try trolling around boondelbah and little islands for salmon, bonnies and poss the odd king. if thats no good, a drift between pt stephens and those islands (either northbound or southbound depending on tide/wind/current) shud produce flatties, flounder and the odd shovelnose

Hey there, just outside South Head is the place to pull live baits from boat. You can also fish land based from there heading around by easy track walk from Tomaree Headland. Plenty of large Yaccas and Slimeys if they are about. Just berley there and jigs do the trick nicely.

As for chasing Jew, Box Beach holds some nice deep holes at the edge of the rocks and have had some good success there. Also inside Salamander Bay there is a wreck that when fished at the change of tide, can hold different sized Jew. Call into Salamander bait and tackle, they will happily give you the marks for the wreck but is easy to find with general directions.

Good luck