Berowra Waters tips please

portstar

I am a youth worker and I am taking a couple of boys fishing at Berowra waters tomorrow and Thursday, we are taking out a hire boat. I was thinking of using prawns and pilchards. Where will be the best place to try? and what kind of set up should I use? Would love to get the boys a fish.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Andrew.

Hi Andrew

If you a hiring a boat they don't move to quick so my suggestion would be to stick to the area from the flats just behind the ferry ( heading to the direction of crosslands if you know the area) and try for some fatties around the drop offs or you can head in the other direction and anchor on the point where red marker is positioned on the opposite side of the houses, I find if you tuck into the corner of this point and anchor a couple of boat lengths out from sure inbetween the point and the old stone ruin stacked on the shore line you are a chance for bream, flathead and smaller Jew. Remember to burley up with some crush pilchards to start and then as you begin to fish start a light stream of small pieces of chopped Pilly, make sure that it is defrosted so it sinks naturally and then just feed your unweighted or lightly weighted bait behind your already sinking burley this should get you some bream if there around

Mate this is a technique that works for me on most occassions but others may have some better advice I hope this helps anyway

Tight lines and good luck

Wilbaforce

Hi Andrew

If you a hiring a boat they don't move to quick so my suggestion would be to stick to the area from the flats just behind the ferry ( heading to the direction of crosslands if you know the area) and try for some fatties around the drop offs or you can head in the other direction and anchor on the point where red marker is positioned on the opposite side of the houses, I find if you tuck into the corner of this point and anchor a couple of boat lengths out from sure inbetween the point and the old stone ruin stacked on the shore line you are a chance for bream, flathead and smaller Jew. Remember to burley up with some crush pilchards to start and then as you begin to fish start a light stream of small pieces of chopped Pilly, make sure that it is defrosted so it sinks naturally and then just feed your unweighted or lightly weighted bait behind your already sinking burley this should get you some bream if there around

Mate this is a technique that works for me on most occassions but others may have some better advice I hope this helps anyway

Tight lines and good luck

Wilbaforce

Thanks for that Wilbaforce, I am not sure I found the correct spot is it kind of opposite the restaurant. The burly seemed to work but didn't catch any thing, the little fella dropped a decent fish. Does any one have any luck casting plastics at the boats?

I am heading there again tomorrow with another kid, going to make sure I have plenty of burly.

You also have calabash bay. Its the first bay on the right soon as you pass the houses. I normally fish the left hand side near the rocks. Get some bream along there. Also there is a drop off as you approach the middle of the bay towards the sand back. Try there for some flatties.

Hi,

The flats are really good for bream and flatties. For Bream a 3 foot trace using about 6lb line. For bait you can't go past chicken breast when the water is clear and chicken guts when the water is coloured. For flatties, 1/2 pilchards or soft plastics or even hawkesbury prawns are good.

Good Luck!

Breambo