Botany Bay 14/08/05

robthefisherman

Hit the bay just before first light with Kikilla this morning and headed around to Molineaux point, first half ann hour was pretty dead but just as the sun started to hit the water the fish went on the bite.

In the next two hours we boated around 20 trevs averaging around the 30cm mark with the biggest at 36cm and lost another half dozen or so when the pulled their hooks. :hitsfan:

Things then started to quiet down just around the time that hooky arrived on the scene just after Chris had spoke to him on the mobile to tell him they were on the bite. Sorry mate you were about half hour too late.

For the next couple of hours things were dead as, we managed I think 2 bites both pulling hooks. The fish were a bit fussy today and only going pilly strips we got a couple of touches on small squid and prawns were definately off the menu.

Brian I didi no good on the bait jigs although I did use a small weight and this may have been the problem because most of the fish we got on unweighted pilly strips floated along the burley trail.

We pulled up stumps around 11.00am all in all a very pleasant morning on the bay with very pleasant company, thanks for answering my call for a ride Chris I look forward to doing it again :thumbup:

well done guy's 20 + blurters is a great session in anyones book :thumbup:

brilliant fun on light gear and great eating.

some good news from this end , i traced my problem to some 24 year old copper wires that had been broken and re-joined 3 times (badly), so it looks like i'll be back out there next weekend. :yahoo:

Nice end result there for you blokes. :thumbup:

We didn't plan to go to the point but when Chris rang me as we just got on the water the boys got excited and we changed our start up plans.

There were only prawns on board and I knew that wouldn't cut it but we still soldiered on and in the end we caught ziltch as far as blurters go. :1prop: I guess that's what happens when one starts at 8.30am. :(

Oh well, it gave us a chance to have a cuppa and a biscuit.

I went back to the plastics after we left you blokes and found a few others species that wanted to play so all was not lost.

Again, well done on your catch. :1clap:

cheers

Hooky

G/day all

As Rob said at first light the blurters were very willing and are top fun on light line and weren’t interested in anything other that pillie fillets so it always pays to have a variety of baits.

Cheers all

post-227-1124010709_thumb.jpg

sorry rob... brian and i caught all the blurters on friday  :biggrin2: , but of corse only kept our share... suprised that the jig didnt win you any prizes but the fact that you used a small sinker might have been the prob.

what were they taking? brian only caught 2 of the trevs on bait and i got none on bait... the other 70 or so were caught on jigs.

good to see you still got some and not a bad day,

how was the wind out there coz i took a look at the trees this morn and it looked a lil breezy.

P.S. did you happen to snag a penn 45GLS attached to an ugly stick by any chance?  :(

62065[/snapback]

They were only interested in pilly strips mate, and were mostly going for the unweighted lines although we got a couple from down the bottom and nuo didn't jag your rod (well thats what I'm tellin ya :1naughty: )

We persisted for the last 2 hours because we could so many fish on the sounder, it wasn't till on the way back we realised the bloody thing was on simulation :badair:

Still a great day, just finished some beautiful trev fillets in beer batter and home made chips yummo

Good to hear ypou sorted your probs Brian we'll have to get out again soon and good to hear you got some fish to play hooky

:1clap: Well done guy's sounds like things are starting to warm up on the :1fishing1: Went to see the Tigers go round on Sunday and got a good result there. Did anybody try SP's on the trev's. Id love to get into them on lures I here they are extremely aggressive. Hey Rob is that beer batter something you should share with the rest of us or is it just the usual mix.

Great report fella's Well done. :thumbup:

Russ

:1clap: Well done guy's sounds like things are starting to warm up on the  :1fishing1: Went to see the Tigers go round on Sunday and got a good result there. Did anybody try SP's on the trev's. Id love to get into them on lures I here they are extremely aggressive. Hey Rob is that beer batter something you should share with the rest of us or is it just the usual mix.

Great report fella's Well done.  :thumbup:

Russ

62146[/snapback]

I made it to our fearless leaders recipe mate, check out Ken's recipes. Good too :thumbup:

Were you fishing south of the bombie again?

At least there good eating

62172[/snapback]

Yes mate we were. We only managed to get three to the boat. They weren't as agressive as normal for some reason but still took a fair few rigs from us.

Normally they come right up to the top and you can see them swimming around the boat but this time they hung deep and were just snipping us off. :ranting2:

There must be acres of them down there. :ranting2:

We persisted for the last 2 hours because we could so many fish on the sounder, it wasn't till on the way back we realised the bloody thing was on simulation :badair:

62096[/snapback]

:074::074: That is a classic. You have made my morning Rob :risata:

Cheers

Ken