humble breambo session gone wrong!

James12345

Decided to head out with a mate to a local marina in hunters hill this arvo to find some breambos.

Working the boardwalk with 2.5inch zman grubz we had many follows and timid bites but no hook ups.

was fishing a section of the boardwalk when we both heard a splash from under the boardwalk. We didnt think much of it at first but after realizing that it could be a fish we went over to take a look.

Surely enough it was a fish. In fact there were many fish.

There was about a pod of 20 kingfish smashing whitebait on the surface.

I had only seen a kingfish in the flesh once and still have not landed a king of any size.

These kingies were not just rats which seem to be in abundance west of the bridge... Some of these fish were over 1m..

I knew it would end in devastation but of course i had to through down my little grub on 4pd..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz under the pontoon.

Gone.

After a frantic 10mins of retying a heavier leader and rigging up another lure whilst trying to keep the pod in view, they went deep and were not seen again.

This has got to be the most bizarre experience i have had in the harbour.

A couple of years ago, I saw a school of kingies chasing whitebait inside the Lilli Pilli baths.

If the kingies were around the metre mark, very hard to stop them under a pontoon, unless you tied a 10/0 hook to an anchor rope. :mfr_lol:

At least you had an opportunity to see them feeding.

I find something more satisfying about hooking up on a king landbased, maybe because the odds are stacked against you.

You definetly need heavier gear, and have underwater obstacles to contend with, but a hard earned king is the best king, like an icy cold beer after a hard days work...

Harry

"If its to good to be true...

It usually is."

• 2 weeks later...