Anyone with a boat head to curl curl now

quochuy

I went for a walk around Longy at about 3pm and saw the same! Hundreds of birds diving! maybe 300 or so???? Must of been a massive school of Salmon! No one was out there cause of the wind. Worth a shot a reckon! Bet there would be big kings hanging around underneath them too!!

There were about a million birds out at barrenjoey and the mouth of the hawkesbury on the weekend but none of them were diving for most of the day...it looked like they were but on closer inspection they were cruising in the swell an staying close to the surface of the water....gotta love when the birds do actually dive though!! :)

There were about a million birds out at barrenjoey and the mouth of the hawkesbury on the weekend but none of them were diving for most of the day...it looked like they were but on closer inspection they were cruising in the swell an staying close to the surface of the water....gotta love when the birds do actually dive though!! :)

I was fishing the stones on the CC on Sunday and it was Mutton Bird City!! Thousands upon thousands of them from sun up to around 11am. There were big schools of something unidentified going nuts a couple of km's out but the birds weren't interested, looked like they had somewhere better to go..........

Guest Aussie007

Hooked two of those pesky birds at Boltons on sat

if u hooked the first one why did u keep fishing the same way you do know those birds will die dont you?

Not necassarily Gazza. No need to have a go at the bloke for fishing!

They are a tough bird I can tell you. When you land & de-hook them they are fine.

Sometimes they are very hard to avoid.

They will dive 20ft down to snaffle a bait at times.

Cheers,

Grant.