Botany bay: saturday silver trevally day

Botany Bay Fishing

post-31484-0-43847800-1381818894_thumb.jpgpost-31484-0-07454500-1381818930_thumb.jpgpost-31484-0-74598200-1381818959_thumb.jpgpost-31484-0-68660200-1381819000_thumb.jpg

My dad (crazy col) went out fishing on saturday and had a pretty good day by the looks of things seems he's worked out the secret to silver trevally. He anchored up at the wharf this time instead of driving past the long line of boats and managed a good haul of silver trevally and a nice flatty. Caught on cubes, and the flatty and a few trevs caught on vibes. biggest went 40cm

Edited by the son

Well done, I was out on the bay on saturday chasing flatties in all my usual spots. Ended up with a big doughnut. Great conditions but no fish. I was talking with the police doing safety checks on the long weekend and they said that they had come across some nets and long lines inside the bay, I hope the commercial fishos are not coming back in and stuffing it up for recreational fishing. Neil'o.

They were pretty strict on the 100 metres exclusion zone on Saturday. They moved us back 20 metres or so at one stage. Didn't stop the fishing however as the burley brought them out. Ended up with 20-25 trevally or so plus the obligatory 100's of 15cm reds.

Interesting to see lots of surface action around the wharf but no one was picking up any tailor or salmon. The old man thought it might be "cowan young????"

I said "what you talkin' bout Willis?"