Flickin' the racks - a nice breambo!

arpie

Hi guys

With the massive winds that we've been having in recent weeks, I've not been on the water since my last outing with a buddy when we were both blown off the water & were in real fear of flipping as we surfed the waves back to shore! This has been the WORST year for big winds!

Yesterday was much calmer, so at the bottom of the tide, I put in & went to one of my favourite leases and tested out my new Pontoon 21 Greedy Guts in Bleeding (or was it Bloody) Tiger Prawn ..... both colours are as good as each other ....

Casting amongst the racks, this fella fell to the Greedy Guts and gave quite a fight ..... I was pleased to get it to the yak on my Mark's Custom MHX 4-8 with 8lb SAS ...... in very good condition 34cm.

post-2231-0-11626100-1381883334_thumb.jpg

post-2231-0-12234300-1381883357_thumb.jpg

post-2231-0-73904100-1381883372_thumb.jpg

I hooked a couple of other nice ones that got off - and only then did I realise that the first breambo had scrunched the hooks of one of the trebles ....... and also hooked a couple of small ones.

As I was heading home, I had one last cast in the lease & came up with a nice flattie!! On the same lure! It was very productive for me today!!

post-2231-0-54932100-1381883395_thumb.jpg

Heading back across some flats, I chucked a topwater lure and had some amazing hits on it, but they just couldn't find the hooks! It is a US Bass Pencil & has pretty big hooks on it, so I may just downgrade them a bit to 'bream size' and see if they can find THOSE hooks! These lures 'walk' on their own when fished from a yak! When I finally hook up on it - I'll let you in on the secret lure!

cheers

Roberta

I'd had an aggressive physio session on my shoulder on Monday afternoon & by the time I'd finished my 'cast of thousands' on Tues, I could hardly lift my arm last night!! All good today tho - just a little tender! I'll leave it a couple of weeks before my next physio appointment!!

Edited by Roberta

Thanks guys

...Hurt from doing good things like fishing is never bad..... Feeling better today, thank god!

....can you paddle into the leases ?.... Only the 'open' ones - and if anyone asks you to leave, you do so without argument! :sun:

....they are monster bream!.... he, he, there are WAY BIGGER in there! Just gotta be able to drag 'em out! :-rolleyes

... i love those pontoon 21 lures ... There are some EXCELLENT colours in the range & a couple of sizes ..... they work well!

....they must have given you a good tow around.... This one gave me some worries & scuffed the leader - the others got off! :mad3:

Ne'er mind - I know where they live!! :biggrin2:

Windy as hell again today & smoke from a fire EVERYWHERE - even thru town! :mellow:

Can't wait to get out again!! Going up to Moonee Beach at the end of the month for a week with some yakking buddies ..... should be fun! Anyone fished the estuaries up there at all for any tips?

cheers

Roberta