Jews in the George's

mr.e.p.d

Hey guys going to try for a Jew in the George's and was wondering if anyone has been having any luck? I know of a few spots but not sure if the fish are there? Not asking for your spots we will hopefully find them just after some general feedback? Cheers Evan

Hey boss, Ive asked the same question allong with about 5 other raiders in the past months, and we have all been told to explore, get off our asses and work it out our selves. No one wants to give up their spot. At the start i thought that mabye, no offence to the fellow raiders (still love ya all!), that it was a bit tight. So I dawdled of into the darkness and went hunting for spots. I caught enough shit fish (rays mostly) to sink the titanic, however, I have recently found a stretch of water that has produced good schoolies both trips. None have been anywhere near keepable with the new bag limits (70cm), but its fun as hell to catch them on light gear, and very rewarding after all the hours ive spent sitting on the side of a river.

So now I really do have to AGREE with those fellow raiders who told me to man up and put in some hard work. I wouldnt want to give away my new found spot because of the time i spent bush bashing through what is private land to find it! So hence I say go forth and venture. It will suck at first, I promise you that, but persist, the jews are bloody good fun. All I will say is what not to do. Stay away from the largely recomended spots, they didnt work at all for me, and chase deeper pockets around headlands and such, thats my thought anyways. I might have it wrong, but that is what has worked for me over the past few months. I hope to hook into a real nice jewie soon!!!!

Cheers

Yeah I know plenty of spots just have not fished the river in along time due to my bluewater addiction but a mate wants to catch his first Jew so well venture out to a few regular producing spots and see what we can get him.

None have been anywhere near keepable with the new bag limits (70cm), but its fun as hell to catch them on light gear, and very rewarding after all the hours ive spent sitting on the side of a river.

i think the new limits start from November 1st

not 100% sure though

I'm all for the new changes. These fish are way to good to kill for the sake of it.

Got to agree. Its funny how we regard some fish like this and not others. For exampla any one that kills a metre worth of flattie would be slaughtered by the fishing comunity these days, where as a 25lb snapper is a good feed. We need to impose (be it leagal or moral) Upper size limits to ensure the big breeders are left out there to do there thing.