By Catch!

Gatte

Hey raiders,

Headed out tonight with Belligero to find a mulloway on soft plastics. Figured if throw the Kayak on the car and fish a bit more comfortably from the water rather than land as there is limited space where we targeted.

First cast... Bang! In for a great fight which turned out to be a great EPPosted Image

Let him swim off and was at it again a few casts later with a smaller Perch.

Kept targeting the pylons from the yak while Belligero managed to land a pair of flat head which were both put back.

Just as the tide turned I pulled in a flat head of my own which turned out to be quite a good size.

Posted Image

Mine went into the keepers net to be curried by my Malaysian Chef Neighbours.

Posted Image

Happy with my first 3 fish in the yak!

Photos aren't great and we didn't get the mulloway we were looking for. No doubt we will be at it again this weekend with the full moon though.

Gatts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks guys, we will no doubt get onto one each by the end of the year. The surface action with the eps was great though, had to stop casting at them to try and get around the structure where the mulloway would have been.

What kind of bait were you using? SPs? Very slow rod action to account for the low viz? Do you reckon blades might also work in zero viz? Very curious as I also fish mostly at night.

I used a z man swimmer 4 inch using two slow jerks up and a good pause after winding in the slack. Cast into bait shows and surface bites for the eps and into the pylons and let it sink right down for the crocs. Shaun was using a different kind of zman plastic with a similar technic for his two flat head.

I think blades will work well but never tried them myself. Fished the same area with a mate who used a blade, it got smashed strait away but didn't hook up, using light line that broke off and cost him the lure.

Gatts

Edited by Gatts

• 2 weeks later...

Hey raiders,

Headed out tonight with Belligero to find a mulloway on soft plastics. Figured if throw the Kayak on the car and fish a bit more comfortably from the water rather than land as there is limited space where we targeted.

First cast... Bang! In for a great fight which turned out to be a great EPyva8asan.jpg

Let him swim off and was at it again a few casts later with a smaller Perch.

Kept targeting the pylons from the yak while Belligero managed to land a pair of flat head which were both put back.

Just as the tide turned I pulled in a flat head of my own which turned out to be quite a good size.

jaruhazu.jpg

Mine went into the keepers net to be curried by my Malaysian Chef Neighbours.

ynaty9yz.jpg

Happy with my first 3 fish in the yak!

Photos aren't great and we didn't get the mulloway we were looking for. No doubt we will be at it again this weekend with the full moon though.

Gatts

nice fish mate ! i to have been catching my first three flatties in the new yak ! tell me where abouts were you targeting ? or PM me if you wish .