Bait and rigs for whiting off the beach

Paul997

I am new to whiting fishing and I would like to know some of the best rigs and bait for them. If this means anything I am fishing off Brighton le sands beach and have heard and seen some nice whiting caught off there. Any advice on Rigs and bait will be appreciated

Edited by Paul997

Pump live nippers from the flats at Sandringham. Small pea sinker running upto a size 6 long shank hook. You don't need to cast far you can catch whiting from between your feet. Hold the rod and feel the bites. The whiting can suck the nipper of the hook and you wouldn't even notice if you weren't holding the rod. Good luck

Pump live nippers from the flats at Sandringham. Small pea sinker running upto a size 6 long shank hook. You don't need to cast far you can catch whiting from between your feet. Hold the rod and feel the bites. The whiting can suck the nipper of the hook and you wouldn't even notice if you weren't holding the rod. Good luck

Thanks mate will live worms do?

Hi there

With whiting, I find it's key to fish light, probably around the 6lb mark, with by catch of bream and flathead... Some days when the a Action is really slow, I down the leader to 3lb to get some sort of result. Fish the shallows

Good to have nippers and worms, tube worm and/or blood worm and live is a must... Not cheap but the best bait going.

And while you got all that going on, once you're set up, jerk a popper around for another angle.

Harry

I've found blood worms on a small longshank hook, an orange bead above the hook and a small sleeve of orange tubing above that, with 6pb leader, swivel and above that a light weight sinker. They can be buggers to catch sometimes and at others they just smash the baits. I usually fish for them on a low tide or just as the tide starts rising.

I'm not familiar with the location, but have a go at catching beach worms! its fun and really is an art, pretty tough but they're a gun live or dead bait (put in metho, roll in sand then freeze).
I think catching the worms is harder than catching the whiting though ;)