Looking for all rounder

nargse1

Hi all.

I have savage pro angler 4.8m. Getting over the tournament scene and looking to get a new boat.

Something I can go outside in ( not too far ), something I can still fish the occasional bream comp in, safe for the family, easy to get on and off trailer and something with a little comfort.

I have round 20k max to spend.

Looking forward to hearing from you all

Top ender is not "deep" enough on the inside. I say Quintrex Sport, Bowrider. 4 Stroke (quite) with fold down, full with, bench. After 2004.

Great for family. Sides are filled with floating material, that absorb the noise. Easy to launch. Front seats give storage space.

Kids can have fun in the front, and when removing the front pillows and putting in the plank of wook, makes a nice casting plattform.

With the bench folded down you. I have gone past the heads with my 475 but never too far (withing the 2 miles zone)

• 2 weeks later...

Top ender is not "deep" enough on the inside. I say Quintrex Sport, Bowrider. 4 Stroke (quite) with fold down, full with, bench. After 2004. Great for family. Sides are filled with floating material, that absorb the noise. Easy to launch. Front seats give storage space. Kids can have fun in the front, and when removing the front pillows and putting in the plank of wook, makes a nice casting plattform. With the bench folded down you. I have gone past the heads with my 475 but never too far (withing the 2 miles zone)

What do you mean by not deep enough? I wish some of the boat builders would make the distance between the deck and the gunnel smaller! every time you lean over the side to pick up a fish or gaff one it feels like your going over especially outside, with a smaller distance makes its so much easier and safer to do.

Comfort and alloy don't really go in the same sentence (some will argue to they are blue in the face that their alloy boat ride is the same as a GRP) when compared to GRP. Maybe an older Haines, Cruisecraft or cat of some description with new power.

Edited by Whaler 255

Feel free to have a ride in my boat mate.....

Cheers

Eames

Its a 530 top ender, 125 optimax....be on the hawkesbury this week end PM if you want a look

Edited by Eames

I'd also suggest a bow rider, great all round boat IMO and fits most of you criteria. Only thing is I would look at a stacer over a quinnie if you have kids and there growing. The Quintrex's scalped bow loses boyancy as the weight in the front goes up. Once two of my three hit teen age years I started to notice a definite nose down attitude when drifting around. Now there older there not coming out where back to three max its perfect. Also agree glass ride is superior to Alloy.