Identifying the right areas

Gatte

Hi Krew,

My first post in this section of the forum and was hoping to catch some advice from experienced kayak fishers. Only having recently got my hands on a my first yak the first fee trips out we're more about getting comfortable and everything right without much luck with the little fishing attempted...

That's all come good and the results shown over the weekend with 2 good eps and a 55cm flat head caught and released. I went to this area as it is one of my preferred locations to target Mulloway from the land by casting soft plastics into the bridge structure. So far I have not had any luck landing the target species.

What I wanted help with was to identify some ideal spots to fish from yaks for jewies. I've only gone back to those I know and have fished from land. I don't have a sounder and was wondering if there was a way to spot deep holes and other ideal environments for the beasts.

Gatts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Get navionics app on your phone and it has the depths on it. Your location is pin pointed by satellite, so you should be there abouts. You could also mark the spots you caught fish or if you have drifted to far from the mark!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks scratchie. I'll look into the app, always wondered if someone was going to develop such an app.

I've been sticking to the idea of structure and bait fish around but do need to go exploring.

Thanks scratchie. I'll look into the app, always wondered if someone was going to develop such an app.

I've been sticking to the idea of structure and bait fish around but do need to go exploring.

Gatts, your method is spot on! The app will basically show you depths, markers etc however it may not be mapped for some rivers, creeks or estuaries. It's really a gps you can use on your on the water. But it works really well and I use it for everything!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Get navionics app on your phone and it has the depths on it. Your location is pin pointed by satellite, so you should be there abouts. You could also mark the spots you caught fish or if you have drifted to far from the mark!

Cheers scratchie!!!

awsome post

• 4 weeks later...

I got the navionics app and it is awesome, just bought a new boat and it has an old Garmin GPS which is as useful as tits on a bull, i have been using it until i can get some $$$$ together for a decent GPS.

I am finding out what BOAT stands for.

B - bring

O- out

A- another

T- thousand

• 2 weeks later...

I got the navionics app and it is awesome, just bought a new boat and it has an old Garmin GPS which is as useful as tits on a bull, i have been using it until i can get some $$$$ together for a decent GPS.

I am finding out what BOAT stands for.

B - bring

O- out

A- another

T- thousand

Great phrase! Though it is upsetting to hear. Dam expensive hobby!! Sounder might be on the Christmas list so will have look at mounting options for the yak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk