Trailer Walkways

Paikea

Does anyone know where I can buy some perforated hot dipped galvanised steel suitable for adding a walkway down the centre of a trailer?

Also, ideas for fastening a walkway so that it does not corrode the trailer or the walkway.

Someone once mentioned electrical cable tray as a possibility, would that be suitable?

Thanks

Cheers

Paikea

could always buy a sheet of gal mesh in fencing section at bunnings and just cut down with angle grinder easily. that will hold your weight easily since only a narrow strip with support.

wont be as good as say a walkway grid on some professional pedestrian walkway or something but will also only weigh nothing for you

As per my post re Ulladulla this morning I looked at a few walkways on the trailer parked there. (see pics in the post) I liked the expanded mesh from one trailer but wonder where I might be able to get some of that.

The scaffold plank and cable tray options sound a possibility (particularly the cable tray that has not rusted) but a bit wary of using aluminium. Think that I would rather stick with hot dipped galvanised but use rubber gaskets between the walkway and the trailer parts.

Also the configuration of the trailer is such that the walkway will need to be bent in two areas which means that the walkway will need to be fitted to suit. Anyway, one of the many projects that we all plan around our boats that will get done sooner or later.

Thanks all for your interest, I will post any progress as as and when it happens.

Cheers

Paikea

Cheers

Paikea