Car Topper Tinny Advice

Twinfisher 4.9

I am planning an extensive trip next year around the top end and WA and cannot tow my larger trailer boat so was thinking of buying a small tinny to carry on the roof. I would appreciate anyone's experience with these or are they more trouble than they are worth?

Am a really keen fisho so it would certainly get used but am thinking of the hassles of getting it on and off the roof & given its small size, obviously safety is important. Has anyone used the boat loaders for getting on and off the roof-racks?

I do have a fold-up trailer so when camped for a few days I can tow it around locally without having to constantly put it on the 4wd roof and already have an 8hp outboard.

Would much appreciate any thoughts, advice or general guidance.

Cheers,

Steve

G'Day Twinfisher,

A mate of mine has the fold up trailer. He tows a van and has the boat on roof rocks on top of the van. The foldup sits at the rear of the van in like a channel setup.He's rigged up a mount on the van trailer for his outboard that can be locked.

Cheers

Deek

Thank you Grant, have checked out the Cross x Country - my question would be glass vs aluminium for tough conditions? They are around 30% heavier and recommend more hp. Not ruling it out but having owned both glass and aluminium, yes would choose glass any day for comfort of ride but was always very careful where I took it & handled it.

The Cross X 3.7mtr car topper comes in at 63kgs. That's lighter than some canoes & kayaks.

It also comes with a stack of featueres.

A 350 Quintrex Explorer weighs 76 kgs. That would be my other option.

It's up to you to weigh up the pros & cons.

Cheers,

Grant.

The Cross X 3.7mtr car topper comes in at 63kgs. That's lighter than some canoes & kayaks.

It also comes with a stack of featueres.

A 350 Quintrex Explorer weighs 76 kgs. That would be my other option.

It's up to you to weigh up the pros & cons.

Cheers,

Grant.

Have one of these on order for my travelling adventures pickup in December :)!

Has a splash well, live well, rear esky, navigation lights etc etc and comes it total weight as 79kgs.

And is solid as a rock :)!