Mrs scratchie- had a whale of a time!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

With the weather looking promising this morning and all the kids at school, I thought I'd take the mrs for leisurely drive around the islands. As we approached the heads the swell was a little up and the wind was chopping the the water. So plan A went out the window and we decided to troll over to fingal for no result except some free jumping whales off the headland. Oh what a sight they are full breaching and tail slapping. A sight I never get sick of and it put a smile on the wife's face too!

After pulling up the lines, we found a nice drift on some reefs but kept getting our SP's demolished by tailor. We persisted and managed a few big slimies and one went out as bait. On the second drift, the wife's line come up tight and there's a few shakes of the rod, after a short fight up comes this nice little snapper!

post-24974-0-83911300-1383278766_thumb.jpg

Great pan size and went 38cm and she was very excited to catch it on SP's.

The water was still fairly cold at 20.1deg, hence the lack of pegalics about. Can't wait til this weather warms up!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Look out bro! I think we both been had geoff with the

Mrs crashing the catching session's. Lol. Way to go jode. Spotie. .

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Agree. But I don't mind at all. She's my lucky charm when it comes to fishing!

So since she caught it. Does that mean you're doing the cooking?

Newbie question Scratchie, How does the water temp affect things?

I always do the cooking, that way I eat what I want. :)

Water temp...... As the warmer water pushes down from the north, with it come many pelagics and it tends to fire up the fishing. Just like with the cooler water from the south produces the yft and blue fin.

When the water temp up here hits 23.5-24 all sorts of action happens. Kings, bonito, mahi mahi and of course the mighty marlin!!! So yeah, I can't wait.

Edited by Scratchie

Great stuff Scratchie!

Good to see the Mrs getting into the action as well.

Sounds like a nice relaxing morning out on the water for Mr & Mrs Scratchie.

Excellent work mate as always.

Ian

Thanks Ian. Yep the wife enjoys it when she catches something but doesn't like me dispatching it though. And always nice to be out on the water!