Botany Bay PB Lizard

skullidug

Hey Guys and Gals,

This is probably my first actual fishing report, as I do not usually catch anything noteworthy. The missus and I headed off from Parramatta to Botany at 05:00 Thursday 14/11/13. Traffic was flowing great. We hit the water at 06:00. Beautiful clear day but the south westerly wind was a lot stronger than was forecast and the bay was quite choppy.

Tried anchoring using plenty of berley between the dredge and the wharf. Fished there for about an hour without any fair dinkum bites. So we headed off to the front of the 2nd runway to try a drift for a flathead. The wind seemed to die down at the top of the tide allowing us to drift at .6 knots.

At about 07:20 my Terez rod bent over and my Shimano Thunnus 4000 baitrunner started unloading braid real fast. After a good fight up came my PB 75cm Lizard. I was using a running ball sinker with a 1.5 meter 14lb trace with a fresh medium size green prawn bought from seafood shop at Parramatta Westfield. The missus took a few proud happy snaps and we let the big girl go.

Tried drifting for the next hour or so and nearly brought in another lizard about 60cm but she bit through the trace. The drift got up to about 1.6 knots by 08:30 so we called it quits.

Cheers Larrry

+

post-17448-0-02309700-1384669834_thumb.jpg

post-17448-0-06313900-1384669898_thumb.jpg

post-17448-0-47161000-1384669909_thumb.jpg

post-17448-0-77691200-1384670231_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skullidug

Guest Aussie007

nice flatty :)

im always telling people to fish inline with the international runway along the depth contour lines found on a GPS we always catch over 10 flatties each time we fish there, the depth contour line runs right across to the oil wharf from the runway

u should have stayed i find the windier and the choppier the better but dont hold your rod, the action from the chop jerking the bait along the bottom is irresistible to flatties

nice flatty :)

im always telling people to fish inline with the international runway along the depth contour lines found on a GPS we always catch over 10 flatties each time we fish there, the depth contour line runs right across to the oil wharf from the runway

u should have stayed i find the windier and the choppier the better but dont hold your rod, the action from the chop jerking the bait along the bottom is irresistible to flatties

thanks Gazza for the info I will try that drift out Thursday

Cheers Larry