Sydney harbour mixed bag 17/11/13

fisholb

Hi. Raiders. With the forecast not that good we still decided to check it out. Left the marina around 6am. Headed straight out the heads and we were greeted by 2-3m swell. We saw a couple of charter boats heading out as well. The skipper dennis decided to turn around and went to balmoral/spit instead. Tried to catch squid but none could be found so we anchored up near the bridge where the boats were. Caught plenty of baby reds between 10/20cm. Caught a yakka and we sent it out hoping for a jew/kingy. We ended up with a salmon which fought like a kingy/jew. Hahaha. We were using 10lb mainline with 5lb leader. we trolled around clontarf and caught 1 flatty. We moved to around rose bay and caught 1 jacket. Our last stop was shark island and caught 1 snapper. Back at the marina around 3pm.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Do you mean that you sent out a live yakka on 5lb leader hoping for big predators? Ha ha ha

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yes we did...hehehe...it was a challenge...got a salmon around the 1kg...just imagine a 10kg jew on it...that would have been a sight to see...or a hoodlum kingy...