Clarence gorge

bassboy888

Great scenery and terrific fish taken on various lure configurations (I like the blades fished under the beetle spins - deadly on most freshwater fish including yellas).

Another top report mate.

Keep 'em coming!

Cheers

Ian

Well done!! Top video & blog!! Since the rain, the bass have really 'come on'!! Our local creeks had virtually stopped 'running' due to lack of rain up til last week!

Yep, the blade/betts spin is the 'go to' lure just now for bass - it won the ABT Yak Bass Grand Final last weekend at Toonumbar for Jon Chen!! He will now be one of the 'bass fishos' on the AFC TV Comp next year!! :D

You should look at doing the Bass Comps next year!! ;)

cheers

Roberta

How good is the Gorge! We had a Trip planned a few years back but the place got smashed with rain for 3 days straight so we went to coota instead. Then I sold my tinny and got my new boat which is probably a little too big for the gorge. My couz fished it and pulled some sumo's too a few years back. Awesome part of the world...great vid too mate...

Roberta: I saw a photo of him with the bets/blade combo before I went on the trip and it was the inspiration for the technique.

I fished a few of the comps this year and looking at doing all the southern bass rounds next year (ABT and BETS)

Yea PMAK I found Hanks wil cousin, she was a beauty!

Roberta: I saw a photo of him with the bets/blade combo before I went on the trip and it was the inspiration for the technique.

I fished a few of the comps this year and looking at doing all the southern bass rounds next year (ABT and BETS)

Yea PMAK I found Hanks wil cousin, she was a beauty!

Cool!! Jon is a good bloke - I've fished with him many times up here & pretty well put him onto his first bream on topwater! :) He only did the 2 bass comps & won them both! (2nd one being the Grand Final!!) Also the only times he has ever bass fished!! He goes for cod & bream normally!

cheers

Roberta

I guess you could say all 3 species are a bit similar, habitat wise ...... structure, shelter & shade?

I'll be trying the blade on a betts trick next time I am on 'fresh' too!

My buddy Michelle caught fish on the blade/betts combo in the GF on them too. She's mainly a bream fisho but fished 2 or 3 of the bass rounds (after having 2 practise runs on Lake St Clair) & was lucky enough to get a Wild Card into the GF - she was stoked that there were quite a few blokes behind her at the end of day 2! :D AND she caught both days, whilst some really good bass fishos didn't - and 2 had donuts both days!! One of them is a TOP bass fisho, too from Qld - often fly fishes for them in preference to lures!!

Cheers

Roberta

Great vid Bassboy, the gorge looks awesome. Always wanted to fish it just haven't got around to it yet. Some quality fish, 8 over 4 days, is that normal or was the fishing slow?

I'm headed up to the Nymboida in just over a week, hopefully I come back with similar results.

Cheers, Dean

Thanks Dean. The fishing though was unfortunately slow, probably didn't help that I couldn't get the arvo session and the group of guys I was with weren't as keen.

The gorge is an awesome place. I would recommend Any die hard bass-o to get up there! Good luck on your trip hopefully you get some bigguns