Storing soft plastics

jordy

Hi raiders I have a lot of pre-rigged plastics un-opened in the packets some are years old.Generally I find myself using the liquid gulp types on various jig heads which I store in a dedicated wallet type storage systems.Was thinking of storing the others in a couple of plano trays to encourage use,just wondering if the shelf life of these plastics will diminish in non airtight storage or should I keep in the packets and re-seal after use.Cheers.

In my experience, any brand other than gulp (that i have tried) will survive fine without air tight storage. Basically if it is sold to you in a liquid then it needs to remain hydrated or it dies. Just my thoughts though. Back to the question at hand though, if in doubt, do a sample, remove one of the sp from the packet, leave it out for a few days and see what goes. If it dehydrates then dont store them in the plano trays, if it remains the same, then store them in the plano trays. Easy. Just keep them out of dirrect/extended amounts of sunlight.

Cheers

Edited by Blood Knot

• 3 weeks later...